Do you worry you can’t enjoy fun treats like gum if you want to keep your oral health? If so, we have exciting news for you! Sugar-free gum is an asset to your oral health and can help you keep your smile healthy. In fact, there are many reasons to treat your smile to sugarless gum.
Our dentist, Dr. Angleton Family Dental, is willing to help you with your oral health. Furthermore, our team at Angleton Family Dental in Angleton, Texas, is excited to share some fun facts with you on how to treat your smile to sugar-free gum.
Here is a list of exciting facts on sugar-free gum:
– Chewing sugarless gum for at least twenty minutes after food can prevent cavities while improving saliva production too.
– Sugarless gum is not ever to be thought of as a substitute for brushing or flossing your teeth.
– The output of saliva neutralizes acids produced by bacteria in your mouth and provides disease-fighting elements.
– Heartburn can be treated with sugarless gum also because it can reduce the acids in your esophagus that can hurt your teeth and creates painful heartburn.
– Sugar-free gum is gentle on your teeth and can help clean them without the use of harsh or harmful products that can damage your tooth enamel.
– Gum loaded with sugar can stick to your teeth causing tooth decay to your teeth and increase your risk of gum disease.
If you still have questions about how to improve your oral health, or if you have questions and would like to see a dentist, please call us today at 979-308-4450 to schedule an appointment. Our friendly dental team looks forward to your visit and is happy to help you in any way we can.