A canker sore, generally recollected as an Aphthous ulcer, is a non-contagious mouth lesion. Such open sores are a great source of terrible pain. They typically take about 3 to 4 weeks in order to heal if left untreated medically. But why is there a need to wait? We have many methods or remedies to get rid of it. Have you ever considered using alum for canker sores?
Identification of Canker Sores?
As discussed above, canker sores are open sores. Before using any remedy, make sure you identify them correctly. The symptoms that may help identify canker sores include:
- Tingling or burning sensation inside the mouth.
- A small grey, white, or even yellow tinted sore of an oval shape.
- Painful sores with redness.
- These lesions appear on the soft mouth tissues, including the inside tissues of lips, cheeks, and gum base.
How Good Is Alum As A Remedy For Your Canker Sores?
Alum or Aluminum Potassium Sulfate is used as an instant relief method from the pain because of canker sores. Before the issue gets to you, use an alum; its application process is not so complicated; follow the steps given below:
- Take an adequate amount of alum in powder form (a minute amount is sufficient enough).
- With gentle hands, apply the alum powder to the surface of your canker sore.
- Wait for a minute
- After waiting, rinse and spit the alum from your mouth thoroughly.
- Repeat the above mentioned steps every day to heal the canker lesions.
However, if you feel a slight yet sharp zap while applying alum, simply mix the powder with a few drops of water to turn it into a cream or paste. The rest of the procedure will be the same. This method of using alum for canker sores is followed.
What Is The Reason For Choosing Alum For Canker Sores?
You might be wondering about the relationship between canker sores and the use of alum. Well, its astringent properties is very common and popular amongst people that help eliminate canker sores.
Moreover, here are listed below some of the other properties of alum that indicate its use for canker sores as it is one of the best remedies:
Reduces moisture by sucking dry the water.
Shrinking of soft mouth tissues, thereby accentuating the healing process.
Final Take Out
To conclude, canker sores are a painful situation to deal with. However, there are multiple remedies such as the one mentioned above to cater to them. Try whichever hack works best for you and ensures safety. Contact Angleton Family Dental and Orthodontics at 979 308 4450.